Monday, January 10, 2011

One day till p90x starts!!

Getting geared up to start tomorrow. Going to go down this afternoon and get a new blender for mixing my drinks since mine died a while ago. Here are a couple items I bought to get measurements and such because I want to make it easier and I'm only planning on weighing myself on the 0,30,60 and 90 day marks. Measuring and monitoring tools I got were calipers, body tape measure and heart rate monitor.



The 3 monitoring items I purchased. Bowflex heart rate monitor ($29.00), GNC calipers ($10.00) and GNC body tape measure ($10.00)

I got the calipers for about 10 bucks at the GNC store. They work well but it's a bit hard to hear the "click" when the measurement is made. After playing with it for a few minutes I got the hang of it. It also comes with a chart to show where you are at health wise based on body fat.  

GNC body tape measure,  Very good tape. Easy to use. Wrap it around the area, put the end of the tape in the slot and then push the release button and the tape tightens. This will come in handy for sure. 

Shot of the tape out of the wrapper

Bowflex Heart Rate Monitor notice the $119 price tag. Big 5 had it on sale for $29. I was a happy camper.

Heart Monitor out of the box. I decided to go with the version where you wear a chest strap because I read that it's more accurate than the wrist only version. This one also came with a mount for a bike or treadmill which I thought was nice. 

I will be getting a new yoga mat and yoga blocks tonight along with some exercise bands for my wife. I have dumbells already as well as the Golds Gym chin up bar and Golds Gym push up bars from Walmart, they are very similar to the ones they sell on Beach Body.

I won't be putting up any self pics until after the 90 days are up at which point I will put up 0,30,60 and 90 day shots so you can see the results. I will upload my measurements tonight when I take them or in the morning after my first workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment